Nathan did an amazing job for my first Mother's Day! It was full of fun and relaxation-- two of my favorite things. He started things off with a huge bouquet of tulips on Saturday. There were so many tulips--40-- that I had to split them into 3 vases! Sunday morning was a great time at church. It was very surreal to stand up when they asked for all of the mother's to stand. VERY surreal. I was almost waiting for someone to tug me back down to my chair, but alas I received some beautiful roses instead. Also at church, they sang "It is Well With My Soul". It's rare that we sing hymns, and this one is the song we've been singing to Molly since she's been born. She seems to love it; it always calms her right down. She's also learning that it means time to go to sleep :) It was a sweet moment for our little family.
After lunch from one of my favorite restaurants (hello ham & brie sandwich from Bronte), we headed out to spend some time with Nathan's extended family. Molly did great as she met all of her great aunts and uncles. We were so glad she got to spend some time with Aunt Jean.
Then we went to my parents' house to spend some time with my grandmother who was in from Florida. My dad also surprised me with beautiful red roses. My house looked like a flower shop all week long! I loved it. We took the opportunity to snap some four generation pictures.

Nathan also put together a wonderful gift bag for me full of all kinds of little things to help me relax and enjoy myself (and the bag itself was beautiful too)!
My biggest Mother's Day gift is still to come: having a beautiful old opal reset into a more modern setting. I can't wait to get it back from the jeweler!
I hope all of my mommy friends were as blessed as I was this Mother's Day!
![]() |
| me and my sweet girl on Mother's Day |





Love this! I had forgotten about your ring, hope it will be ready soon!
ReplyDelete