
So, I took a test on a whim one morning after Nathan had already gone to work. I wasn't really expecting it to be positive, because nothing really felt different and we had barely even started trying to have a baby. Yet there were the two little pink lines!
The result being that I had to keep this secret all day long. It was hard or rather, ridiculously crazy, insanely hard! It did however give me plenty of time to craft the revealing of our huge news.
With so much on my mind, work was pretty much a wash that day (sorry Steve!). In reading online, a lot of women talked about sticking a hamburger or hot dog bun in the oven and letting their husband figure it out. Most of the guys didn't get it, and I was betting Nathan wouldn't either. I knew it would need to be a little more "in your face". As fate would have it, I had already announced to Nathan that morning that we would be having breakfast for dinner. Nathan loves cinnamon rolls. I find them sickeningly sweet, but he can't get enough of them. Maybe one day I'll break down and make them from scratch so there is at least some redeeming quality to them, but I digress. So there it was, my grand plan. Make cinnamon rolls, and then put the big announcement in icing all around it (after everything cooled of course). When I picked Nathan up, I told him there was a special surprise for dinner, but I had to leave it baking in the oven. When we got home I asked him to run in and check it out for me. Worked like a charm!
I love the new blog so far--very attractive layout. I wish I'd seen the same "Baby is X size" tracker when I first got pregnant. :) Of course, the URL is going to have to undergo some changes if a Baby Stewart #2 comes along... ;)
ReplyDeletethanks! Our first ultrasound is in a couple of weeks, and we are curious to find out if there is another little one hiding out in there. We don't think so though... that would be very surprising :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable way to announce your pregnancy! Congratulations to you and your husband. =)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sloane!
ReplyDelete