Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tiny Triumphs

We've had several tiny triumphs over the past couple of weeks.  It is so fun to watch Molly change and grow into a "tiny human" as Nathan likes to call her.  Here are some of the highlights:

5/22-  I pumped a full bottle (5oz).  That had never happened before, and it was amazing!  Nathan and I are looking forward to more nights (or days) out in our future.

5/23-  She put herself to sleep in her swing.  The entire week she ended up going down by herself in the swing.  Something happened over that weekend though that undid it.  Oh well.  It was a blissful week :)

5/24- She started intentionally batting at the toys on her bouncy seat.  So fun to watch her slowly lift her hand and then eventually smack her toy and smile! 

5/27-  She started playing with the toys on her carseat.  This is a pretty big deal.  Molly has slipped back into hating her car rides, but each one is slowly getting better.  We are learning how to best time our car trips (random truth-  Molly hates the car rides the most when she has just eaten and has a fresh diaper and was in the midst of her happy time before getting in the car).  Hopefully as she continues to play with her toys it will help entertain her.

5/28-  Nathan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  This is more than a tiny triumph of course.  But we were away from Molly for several hours during the day, and we were able to enjoy ourselves!

5/29-  Molly turned 12 weeks.  It is so hard to believe that she has been here that long.  It seems like not that long and forever all at once if that makes sense.

5/30- Molly started to really vocalize.  She has been getting more enthusiastic ever since.  It is so fun to spend time "talking" with her!  She talks when she is really happy, which is funny because it has greatly extended our nursing sessions because she takes a little break in the middle to talk and talk and talk.  Such fun!

5/31-  Molly found her toes!  She loves to grab them and hold on.  One time she held on while she swung her leg almost completely to her side.  She looked like a little cheerleader.  It was pretty funny :) 

6/1-  Molly slept through the night!  That's the second time she's done that.  Nathan was out of town this week, and Wednesday I was all on my own (mom spent the night on Tuesday since Dad was out of town too).  Before I went to bed I prayed and asked God to give me the strength to do whatever needed to be done that night-- obviously He knew I'm not too strong on my own!!  Nathan is such a help to me; I couldn't imagine going through this journey with anyone else.  I am blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. Witnessing the change from 'blob' [I remember Angelina Jolie got so much flack for using this term in the media but I totally know what she means!] to 'tiny human' is incredible. <3

    Those swings are lifesavers. My best friend found one at a garage sale that's probably older than me and it practically requires a motor to run. Needless to say Adam pretty much lived in it for the first year of his existence.

    Congratulations on your anniversary and all of these special milestones!

    ReplyDelete