Thursday, December 30, 2010

Long time no post

our awesome gingko and a little bit of the house
So- as with many things I had such good intentions with this blog :)  But life gets in the way sometimes.  I think I skipped the entire 2nd trimester!  Oh well... there has been a lot going on-  most notably buying our first house. 











the bump on Turkey Day
Nathan and bump on Christmas Day.
Since moving in two months ago, we've hosted family Thanksgiving & family Christmas! 




There has been a lot of effort going into unpacking boxes and making our new house feel homey.  I had just forgotten how hard it was for us to get used to our first Memphis home after leaving our cozy Columbus loft when it was time to pack up and move on once more.  Even after 2 months Nathan and I occasionally look at each other and say "does this feel like our house?" "no... not yet"!  Alas, once the Christmas decorations come down I think I'll have more motivation to finish the task of actually decorating the house, and perhaps that will help.  And we are happy to report that we've given all our moving boxes away and have no plans to be packing up again any time soon! 


The second trimester also happened to be when we joined our new church home.  We are excited to have that area of our life settled in again, and we are enjoying the challenging teachings and true fellowship.  We've plugged in with a great small group, and I am enjoying my weekly discipleship group as well (plus we meet at Chick-fil-a and what pregnant lady doesn't love that?). 

Holidays, houses, and happy church times aren't all that have been keeping us busy though-  this pregnancy has been taking us for a crazy ride... I promise more on that very soon!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment